NLCF is partnering with New Life to host a Stop Hunger Now food-packing event on Saturday, November 2nd.
1. Here’s a video! Get inspired!
2. Volunteers are needed and anyone can help (invite your roommates, hall mates, club members, & classmates to help!) Use the online signup to volunteer for a two-hour shift on November 2nd
3. We will be collecting a special offering the next few Sundays specifically for this event (just 25 cents allows us to purchase 1 more meal to be packed)
Our hope is to pack over 20,000 meals for the hungry that day. You can also give online and memo the donation “Stop Hunger.”
As the holidays approach we will also be participating in 3 Special Projects:
1. Hokies for the Hungry (canned food drive for Montgomery Co.) – November 16th during the Hokies vs. Maryland game. Volunteers will be needed for Friday, Saturday, & Sunday of that weekend.
2. Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Project – Shoeboxes will be collected before leaving for Thanksgiving Break.
3. Prison Fellowship’s Angel Tree Project – Gifts are purchased for children whose parents are incarcerated. This gifts will be purchased before leaving for Christmas Break.